My Posts

Friday, July 8, 2011

Quick Blog for Swaziland!

So I have a whole actual blog written but I'm using a computer in an internet cafe and my flash drive doesn't work so I'll just have to do a short one!
First off, Swaziland is beautiful! We are on a mountain and The view is seriously insane! :) Our days mainly consist of working from 9-3 (cleaning a camper, digging holes, making fire breaks-to keep the orphanage from burning down if there's a real fire, raking leaves, playing with the babies...) and then helping the older kids with their homework from 3-5, doing chapel with the kids and then dinner and time with our teams. My team is so legit! I'll write more about them next week.
The kids are so adorable and fun and smart! Most of the older kids know at least 3 languages (English, SiSwati, Zulu...). They love to learn and talk with us. I've met a 9 year old girl named Gift who is hilarious and so fun! We hang out everyday, I love her! :) She'll get her own blog as well.
God is really doing some awesome stuff in me. It's so great to get to sit on a rock and look out at His amazing creation and just talk to Him. I've read through Acts and 1 & 2 Corinthians so far and I've decided Paul is one of my favorite people ever! I've just been seeing things that I never really thought about, it's been awesome!
I've also done a prophecy exercise with my team. Before this I was kind of wary of prophecy and all that, but as I've been reading the Bible and talking with my team, I've realized it's really Biblical. It was AWESOME to see God speak to people and just give them the perfect words for others. I'm out of time now so I'll have to talk more about all this later but basically, God is rocking my world and I love it! :)
Thanks for all the prayers! Love you all! :)

1 comment:

  1. 1. Will Gift fit in your carry-on luggage? I already have her room ready :)
    2. Please do not sit on any rocks with snakes under them.
    3. Who is in charge of getting you up in the morning? Tell them I said,
    "Thank you and bless your heart!"
    4. I agree with you about Paul - can't wait to get to heaven and hang out
    with him!
    5. Praising God for His faithfulness in ministering to and through you -
    Life in Christ is a never-ending adventure!!
    6. You are missed beyond measure!
    Your ever-lovin mama!!

    ReplyDelete