My Posts

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The End of This Adventure

Wow. I cannot believe it's all over. I flew out of JoBurg Saturday, into Amsterdam Sunday and picked up a nose ring on the way out :) , then into Atlanta that night and drove home to South Carolina Monday. Everything has gone by way too fast! I really cannot believe it's over. I can't believe I won't be with my team every day anymore. I can't believe they're driving to Mozambique. I can't believe I have said goodbye to everyone. I can't believe I'm back home in my room while they're off continuing to travel the world (and Arkansas in Lauren's case). It all seems so surreal!
I'm still processing so much and I feel like I have so much more to learn! I was not ready to leave! But even though I was not ready, that did not change the fact that my time was done. I don't want to be done!
But I am and I can't try to hold on to the past. I need to embrace all the opportunities and awesome things I have to look forward to now. I have learned so much and grown so much in who I am in Christ and all the amazing things He has for me. I've gained incredible friends, people I will never forget! They have shaped me and helped me become who I am. I love who I have become! I love what God has shown me! I am so incredibly grateful for the experience I was blessed with! I love Jesus, He is seriously beyond amazing! :)
There is so much to think about! I didn't want to say goodbye! I've spent every single day for the past month with these people and now they're out of my life for a pretty extended period of time. They will constantly be in my thoughts and prayers, but it will be hard not having them pour into me every day. Not being around Birdy's wisdom and sweet heart, Chelsea's craziness and Godly wisdom, Bri's joy and love and incredible personality, Misty's loving personality and servant's heart, Kasey's wisdom and joy and fun spirit, Steve's hilariousness and worshipful heart, Justin's leadership and Godly heart and encouraging wisdom, Lauren's incredible love and joy and sweet heart and Godly wisdom, and Kristen's craziness and joy and love! Not to mention the other team I was with! I just don't know what I'm going to do without these people! I'll miss their music in my life (including actual music!) but I am so thankful for the time I had with them! And I hope and pray that I'll see a lot more of them in the future as well!
But I cling to the promise that Jesus is forever constant in my life. He puts people in my life to come and go and to mold me into who I am meant to be, but He stays with me forever! That is an extremely comforting fact in light of all this change! I love my Jesus! :) My God is so good, so string and so mighty there's nothing my God cannot do! Isn't it great how children's songs usually express things so simply and so well? :)
I just cannot even express how I feel or all that God has done in my life! I'm terrible at summarizing! :) This means that there will most likely be a lot more blogs in the near future consisting of me attempting to figure out things that God is doing in my life, so feel free to read them or just let me work out my crazy beautiful life on my own :)
Again, I cannot thank everyone enough for supporting me, praying for me, loving me and encouraging me!

Prayer Requests:
-Continued growth for me! I want to apply all that I've learned to my life and not forget any of it now that I'm home
-My team is traveling to Mozambique at the moment (as far as I know at least, internet is a bit lacking where they are), which means 2-5 days on a bus and lots of border crossing so pray for safe, smooth travel and safety in Mozambique as well. They'll be in a pretty dangerous area! If you want to follow their blogs, and they are pretty amazing people so I'd consider it, here they are: http://mistyanderson.theworldrace.org/   http://briannaarnold.theworldrace.org/   http://stevenchun.theworldrace.org/  http://kaseybrinson.theworldrace.org/   http://berdienephraim.theworldrace.org/   http://justinwarren.theworldrace.org/   http://chelseabrunts.theworldrace.org/

"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens:
a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away,
a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak,
a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace."
-Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."
-Hebrews 13:8

No comments:

Post a Comment