My Posts

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I Will Search All Through the Night

This month, we had some amazing nights of worship and 30 hours of prayer. It was pretty incredible.
During one night of spontaneous prayer and worship some pretty awesome things happened. I briefly touched on it in a previous blog, but it's on my heart again. That night was so awesome for me because it started out with such an obvious God thing (talking about wanting to be more comfortable praying out loud and then having the night start) and it was just an incredible experience all around. As it turns out, God gave me MANY opportunities to grow in boldness this month. These opportunities included-praying over my teammates, praying over a man to be healed, praying in a chapel service in front of about 30 kids, praying for dinner, praying in a church service, PREACHING a sermon in a church filled with a pretty good amount of people and a lot more. I am just in awe of God and how He has grown and changed me.
For those that know me, I am not one to step out and volunteer to pray out loud or speak something I've prepared in front of large groups. But I felt that I needed to get over that fear because "God has not given us a spirit of fear but of power and love and self-control". So I prayed and asked others to pray for me and my team jumped on it. Take note that God takes prayers seriously and when you ask for something He answers. He put me in some situations that I was not comfortable in, but He gave me a spirit of power.
Power. That word was given to me a lot this month. It seemed odd to me because that is not a word I generally associate with myself. But if I associate myself with Christ, then His power is a part of me! The same power that raised Christ from the dead is living inside me! I need to embrace that power! He has given me a strength I did not even know I had! I want to use that strength for His glory! "Earthly power corrupts, but power from God brings life and salvation" (Justin Warren). God really spoke to me through His word and my teammates. They all had awesome words for me that really helped me see more and more who I am in Christ!
I'm not saying I'm planning on volunteering for mass amounts of public speaking gigs or starting a revival on my campus but I am open to the the things God has for me, whatever they may be. I am actually excited to see what He has planned for me and all the ways I get to be used by Him! What an awesome God we serve! :)

"I will search all through the night,
when I find Him, I will not let Him go
come and awaken love!"
-I Will Search (Rick Pino)

No comments:

Post a Comment