My Posts

Monday, June 27, 2011

Where I'll Be!

I finally got to talk to the team I'll be meeting up with in Swaziland! Team Fruit of the Groom! They seem really awesome and tons of fun! It was great to get to talk to some of them, plus, I found out where I'll be for the next month! I'm going to be in the Northwestern area of Swaziland in the Ekufikeni Valley which I think is in the Hhohho district. It's a pretty rural area so I don't know exactly where I'll be but that's my best guess :)
I'm going to be working in the El Shaddai orphanage (www.elshaddaiswaziland.org). I still don't know specifics beyond that but I know it's going to be amazing!
Swaziland is a small country within the country of South Africa. It has the highest known rates of AIDS/HIV. The average age of a person living in Swaziland is 18, most people don't live over the age of 30. It is estimated that by 2050, Swaziland will not even exist anymore because of the extremely high death rate due to AIDS/HIV. There is also a huge stigma attached to AIDS so people will not admit they have it or get tested for it so it spreads rampantly.
I cannot believe I am leaving for training camp tomorrow and then flying out THIS THURSDAY! SO crazy! :) I am so excited to see what it is going to be like and what God has planned! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment